Good news for me and myselves. The new version of Wee Basic has arrived.
Where exactly are we on this road map to hell? Wee basic now has:
– key presses (keyboard and most hardware keys)
– stylus touches (touch recognition and coordinates)
– primitive graphics
– basic printing and coordinate printing
– both screens can be used
– core basic commands
– usable editor with save/load, using text files
(But don’t pee in your pants yet my lovelies).
– editor has been completely revamped thanks to Alan’s txtwriter source code. See http://ds.spacemonkeymafia.com.
I modified some of txtwriter’s basic editing code for the Wee Basic editor.
– bug in boolexpressions (for if/while) using strings
– added motion commands (untested)
motion (keyword initializes motion – throws an error if no motion card detected)
motx, moty (motion coordinates)
print 1 “Motionx: “+x
print 1 “Motiony: “+y
– playmp3 now has optional settings
Syntax is playmp3 <filename> <volume>,<pan>,<bitrate> (each is an integer or number variable)
You can still use playmp3 without options if you want to keep it simple
As usual, download wee06.ppt and change extension to zip – enjoy. Usual rider – use at own risk.